Sunday, September 26, 2010

Find a penny pick it up...


Amid all of the yard clean up I have come across pennies here and there. Here is the conversation inside my head everytime I come across one...


"Find a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck. Is that really true? You aren't supposed to throw away a penny, and some people beg for pennies so I should put it aside and save it. Ugh, where do I put it? I have no pockets. It would be so much easier to throw it away along with all this trash i'm cleaning up. NO. I can't. Every penny counts. A penny saved is a penny earned. What is that story about the man who picked up every penny he ever found and was rich because of it? Ok ok... i'm picking it up!"


So I do pick up every penny I have come across because I have obviously have a complex if I throw it away. Just the other day I was raking up leaves and rubbish... found crumpled up at the top of the pile, as though it fell from the sky: A $20 bill. Unlike the penny, I did NOT hesitate to pick it up! I definitely think all those pennies brought me good luck in the form of a twenty dollar bill. :)


4 comments:

  1. Hahaha...that is so cool! It must have been your reward for doing all of that yard work. ;-) I agree with you completely though...I would probably be having that same conversation in my head about the pennies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make me laugh! I love when stuff like that happens...but I did throw away 2 pennies today. I guess that means no lucky 20's will be coming my way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAHOO!! It used to be 'pennies from heaven'...inflation's hit everyone i guess ;)

    ReplyDelete